Find Houses for Rent in Kensington, MD
Kensington is a Montgomery County, Md., fixture and a benchmark of community excellence. The area got its start in agricultural endeavors but has since changed its focus to industrial and transportation sectors. It's a vibrant community of primarily married couples and has a strong interest in antiquing, vacation, entertainment and hospitality endeavors, making it a great place to find homes for rent.
Things Kensington Renters Need to Know
- Kensington is known for its commuter population. Most of the people who live there don't work there, choosing instead to drive or take public transportation to nearby Baltimore. There are plenty of residential employers, but this is a model bedroom community.
- The town is small at just about a half-mile square in size. This makes for tight-knit neighborhoods, despite residents' proclivity for travel.
- The population is strongly based in faith and religious observation, providing a wide selection of different churches and temples.
Top Resources for Kensington Renters
- The Town of Kensington offers a thorough website highlighting the important aspects and upcoming attractions the area has to offer. Learn about regular attractions in the region, find out about what's on the local calendar of events or get information on government officials and private residents alike. There's also an easy online interface to reach out to Kensington ambassadors to get personalized insights about the region.
- Explore Kensington is a tourism website aimed at offering more information about upcoming fun and entertainment, as well as ways to get a better sense of the community.
More Fun Things to Do Near Kensington Rentals
Kensington has a diverse array of historic sites and interesting national landmarks. The B&O Railroad station, well-known for its prominence on Monopoly boards, is among the staples of the tourist scene. In fact, a large amount of the locales around town are featured on the iconic game board.