Find Houses for Rent in Jackson, MI
Jackson is a city and the county seat of Jackson County, and is 40 miles west of the college town of Ann Arbor. Homes for rent in the region give families plenty of opportunities to see what south central Michigan has to offer. Residents and visitors alike can enjoy Cascade Falls, a set of waterfalls that are accompanied by a light show and music. Sparks Park is also part of the falls, and hosts live music every Saturday. Check out the Coe House Museum, a house that was created in honor of Henry Van Winkle in 1871. Play some baseball or just engage in a game of catch at the Best Field City Park, one of many parks that Jackson has to offer.
Facts for Renters
- Visitors can check out the Michigan Central Railroad Jackson Amtrack Depot, which began operating on September 1, 1873 and still is in operation today. In the late 1800s, it was the biggest train station on the line that connected Detroit to Chicago.
- Residents and visitors can also take a step back in time by going to the Michigan's first state prison, which was located in Jackson.
- Music lovers can witness hundreds of rare antique reed organs, and often hear them played as many have been restored.
- Jackson is also the birthplace of the Republican Party. Learn about how the political party came to be by visiting the plaque on a rock in Under the Oaks City Park. The party chose to meet here for the first time in 1854 because it was too hot to be inside and the park offered shade.
Resources for Renters
- Learn what else there is to do in the city by visiting the Jackson city website.
- Interested in enrolling your children in school? Find out what forms and documents they need on the Jackson Public Schools website.
- Get to know the area better by reading some local news in the Jackson Citizen Patriot.