Find Houses for Rent in Midland, MI
Midland is a city in Midland County, and is 34 minutes away from Saginaw. Homes for rent in the area provide families with plenty of opportunities to get to know this part of northern Michigan and figure out what there is to do in the region. Check out the Dow Gardens, which has ponds, waterfalls and plenty of flower beds to see. Visit the butterfly box in the late winter, when the butterflies come back to the area. Take a look at some funky architecture at the Tridge, which is three bridges that combine into one. Take a look inside one of a Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired piece at the Alden Dow Home and Studio, which has eclectic, fascinating designs.
Facts for Renters
- Midland is known as part of the "Michigan Mitt," because it's near the geographical thumb of Michigan. The mitt also includes Saginaw and Bay City. These areas also make up the Great Lakes Bay Region. Of the three, Midland is the second largest.
- Midland's nickname is "The City of Science and Culture," but it began as a small Native American village.
- One of the biggest industrial strides the city made was when settler Herbert Henry Dow developed The Dow Chemical Company, which is now a Fortune 500 company. Today, the city also houses a second Fortune 500 company - Dow Corning Corporation. It also is home to the Midland Cogeneration Venture, which is the largest gas-fueled facility in the nation.
Resources for Renters
- Discover how you can become part of the city council or be involved in city meetings by going to the Midland website.
- Figure out when the first school fundraiser is by visiting the Midland Public Schools website.
- Read about current events and news by reading the Midland Daily News.