Find Houses for Rent in Hazleton, PA
At the foothills of the Pocono Mountains and an hour from Allentown, Hazleton is brimming with homes for rent. It was chartered as a city in 1891, then experienced a population boom between 1900 and 1910. These days, you can find Penn State students hanging out at the Hazleton campus and check out sporting events at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza. Whether you're interested in golfing, skiing, fishing, hiking or biking, there's a place for you to enjoy your hobby in or around Hazleton.
Interesting Information About Hazleton
- Do you love indulging in chocolate? Take a drive to Hershey, about an hour south of Hazleton, which houses the renowned candy manufacturer and Hershey Park. The park has more than 55 amusement park rides, a zoo, a chocolate museum and an extensive golf course. For people looking for even more adventure, head to Allentown for Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom.
- If you're interested in breweries, you have to visit Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville. It's the oldest brewery in the world and you can tour the premises for free.
- Hazleton is a short distance from Jim Thorpe, where you can go white water rafting. With 35 golf courses and 13 ski areas in the general region, it's easy to stay active.
Helpful Hints for Renters
- Browse the City of Hazleton website for details about taxes, town officials, development efforts and career opportunities.
- Students in Hazleton mainly attend schools in the Hazleton Area School District. Check out the website for information about curriculums, initiatives, staff and more.
The Standard Speaker is the local newspaper for Hazleton. It covers a variety of topics, ranging from breaking news to regional sports and community events. Don't miss the videos section for a sneak preview of your new town.