Discover Houses for Rent in Pittsburgh, PA
The city of Pittsburgh provides residents with a vibrant and diverse community that has a thriving commercial sector and a growing presence in the art world. Regardless of what people's hobbies are, they're able to find an outlet here. Homes for rent in this desirable city are in demand because Pittsburgh is large enough to feature unique neighborhoods and plenty of amenities, but also small enough for quiet, tree-lined streets and easy commuting.
Key Facts About Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is the second largest city in the state of Pennsylvania, and is known as the "Steel City" because of the industry, which once thrived in the area.
- Residents with children in Pittsburgh can select either a public or private school. Kids who attend one of the Pittsburgh Public Schools get sent to an institution based on where they live in the city so that there's decreased commute time between home and school.
- There are 90 different neighborhoods included in Pittsburgh. The downtown area is often referred to as the Golden Triangle and four main offshoots surround this city center.
Useful Resources for Pittsburgh Renters
- The official website for the city of Pittsburgh provides residents and visitors with valuable insight into the history of the community, a calendar of events, contact details and information about city municipalities.
- Residents with children can learn about the various programs being run at the Pittsburgh Public Schools by visiting the district's website. The high-quality resource has a portal for enrollment and details about the academic support programs available.
What to Do in and Around Pittsburgh
The thriving community of Pittsburgh features plenty of colleges and universities, which attract various entertainment shows and artists. The city also has a number of museums and is known for its diverse dining options.