Enjoy Houses for Rent in Lafayette Hill, PA
The small, unincorporated community of Lafayette Hill is an ideal place to call home for those who enjoy the rolling hills of Pennsylvania but also want to live within easy commuting distance of Philadelphia. Homes for rent in Lafayette Hill are only about 20 miles northwest of the larger metro. Lafayette Hill is considered to be part of the Whitemarsh Township in Montgomery County.
Key Facts About Lafayette Hill
- The surrounding region around Lafayette Hill was discovered to have a large deposit of limestone. By 1693, Thomas Fitzwater erected a kiln to process the lime and created industry in this little way-off town.
- William Jeanes Memorial Library and Nicholas & Athena Karabots Center for Learning provide residents of Lafayette Hill with access to books, videos and research materials.
- Lafayette Hill is considered a well-off town, with many of the residents working in Philadelphia and commuting every day.
- The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority is available for those who want to commute to Philadelphia within the Whitemarsh Township. The Lansdale/Doylestown and Manayunk/Norristown rail lines operate within the township - providing plenty of opportunities to travel throughout the area.
Important Resources for Lafayette Hill Renters
- The Whitemarsh Township website contains information about the community of Lafayette Hill and the available services in the area. In addition, the site contains a calendar of events, a portal of available documents and forms and contact information for local departments.
- For real-time information about what's happening in the Whitemarsh Township, which includes Lafayette Hill, consider visiting the official Facebook page.
What to Do in and Around Lafayette Hill
Lafayette Hill is a small community that provides plenty of access to the excitement available in Philadelphia, which includes professional sports teams, the arts, shopping and dining.