Discover Houses for Rent in Oakland, PA
Those who enjoy a thriving downtown urban community are sure to love the homes for rent in Oakland. This neighborhood of Pittsburgh is considered to be the third largest "downtown" area in the state, following Center City Philadelphia and Downtown Pittsburgh. Unlike most of the suburban areas surrounding Pittsburgh, this neighborhood boasts a very social atmosphere, with residents and visitors walking the streets throughout the day and evening.
3 Facts About Oakland
- The area got its name from the abundance of Oak trees that were present on the farm of William Eichenbaum, who settled there in 1840. The land quickly transformed from farm into urban development through the years, but the Oak trees are still present today.
- Oakland is the hometown of the famed children's television star Mister Rogers.
- Residents of Oakland have access to highly rated hospitals, including HealthSouth Harmarville Rehabilitation Hospital, Jefferson Regional Medical Center, Veterans Administration Pittsburgh Health System and the network of institutions included under the umbrella of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Resources for Oakland Renters
- Learn about the variety of entertainment options and available services for Oakland residents by checking out the Visit Pittsburgh website. The resource provides a complete overview of the many amenities and entertainment options available to residents.
- Get the latest news about what's happening in the greater Pittsburgh area, which includes Oakland, by visiting the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette website. The digital version of the newspaper is updated consistently throughout the day and features a number of social media channels for real-time updates.
What to Do in Oakland
The vibrant community of Oakland has a number of must-see destinations, including the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History. For those who enjoy natural splendor, the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens are open for a nice walk all year.