Discover Houses for Rent in Caddo Mills, TX
The small urban area of Caddo Mills is in Hunt County, near Dallas. Caddo Mills neighbors Royse City and Greenville. Families searching for homes for rent can travel via the Caddo Mills Municipal Airport, enjoy recreation at Hooten Memorial Park, go out to dinner at Bucky's Cafe and shop at Payne's Supermarket, all within Caddo Mills.
History of Caddo Mills
- The Caddo Native American tribe were early inhabitants of Caddo Mills. They settled in the area in the mid 1800s.
- The city garnered its name from a gristmill that was opened in the late 1800s by I. T. Johnson and Henry King, which had an influential role in developing the city.
- In 1886, the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad reached Caddo Mills, facilitating trade and commerce in the burgeoning city.
- The Caddo Mills Banner was a weekly newspaper first published in 1897, helping to inform residents in Caddo Mills.
- Caddo Mills was incorporated in the 1940s.
Resources for Renters
Caddo Mills Independent School District's website has many important pages for parents and renters new to Caddo Mills. A page called "District Information" will provide a directory of crucial pieces of information relevant to the district, such as the campus ratings, the newest district handbook, a state testing calendar, a school report card and a page on the school board. If a student has moved from another location, there's also a page on student transfer information. Other prominent pages on the site include parent resources, employee resources, the district's departments and a photo gallery.
Hunt County's website has both general and detailed information on a variety of county establishments, such as county government and departments. A page on residents provides links on education and health care in the county, among other helpful pages.