Discover Houses for Rent in Fairview, TX
Fairview is a community-centered town in Collin County. Families searching for homes for rent should note that the community is a suburb of Dallas making it a great hometown for commuters. Fairview neighbors McKinney and Allen, and prominent nearby destinations include Heritage Ranch & Golf Country Club and The Village at Fairview.
History of Fairview and Dallas
- In the late 1900s, Plano helped contribute to Fairview's growth as a prominent North Texas business location.
- Fairview incorporated into Texas in 1958.
- The history of Dallas helps shed light on what life will be like in one of its suburbs.
- Dallas had grown into a center for trading and services in the area in the 1800s. Principal products included cotton and leather and buffalo hides.
- The Dallas Herald, first published in 1849, was one of the first newspapers in the city. Later papers included the Dallas Morning News and the Dallas Times Herald.
- Multiple railroads constructed rails through Dallas during the city's early history, including the Houston and Texas Central and the Texas and Pacific, both of which came to Dallas in the late 1800s.
- The city is home to a number of popular sports teams, like the Dallas Cowboys.
Resources for Renters
Fairview's website - with basic news updates and a calendar of events in the city - helps residents learn about relevant information. This includes a community page that provides a renter with maps of Fairview, town hall news and a summary of what Fairview's community is like. Other pages on the site include services, doing business, government and the city's departments. The departments in Fairview include building inspections, public works, engineering and many more.
- Parents searching for up-to-date information on education in Fairview should visit Lovejoy Independent School District's website.