842 Houses For Rent in Portsmouth, VA
Number of Bedrooms
Portsmouth House Options
Looking for more?
Locate Houses for Rent in Portsmouth, VA
Homes for rent in Portsmouth, Va., are surrounded by a rich and storied history. As part of the Hampton Roads region of Virginia, Portsmouth is a great place to live, with plenty of employment and education opportunities throughout the town and surrounding area.
Things Portsmouth Renters Should Know
- The Norfolk Naval Shipyard is located in Portsmouth.
- Rapper Melissa Arnette Elliott, more well-known as Missy "Misdemeanor Elliott," was born in Portsmouth in 1971.
- Twenty-four different locations in Portsmouth are on the National Register of Historic Places.
Key Resources for Renters in Portsmouth
- Locate moving resources, check out the local departments and resident services and read recent in-town news at Portsmouth's official website.
- Learn about local businesses and check out local chamber members at the Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce website.
- Find information about the local schools, browse through parent resources and explore school employment services at the Portsmouth Public Schools website.
Top Things to Do in Portsmouth
New residents will enjoy getting to know the local downtown with a visit to the city's famous seawall, which is close to some of Portsmouth's oldest and most storied neighborhoods - some homes are more than 300 years old! The city was also a key location in the Revolutionary and Civil wars, so history buffs can keep themselves occupied with a bevy of wonderful historic sites.
Portsmouth is also home to the Children's Museum of Virginia, where you can explore two floors' worth of scientific properties and astronomical concepts. Suited for kids of all ages (including kids at heart), this is a destination that most people will be excited to spend a day (or two) in.