1,272 Houses For Rent in Chesapeake, VA
Number of Bedrooms
Chesapeake House Options
Looking for more?
Locate Houses for Rent in Chesapeake, VA
Most Chesapeake, Va., homes for rent are located about 7 miles from downtown Norfolk, but many residents find more than enough entertainment within Chesapeake city limits. With access to oceanside views, plenty of employment opportunities and more, Chesapeake is a great community to be part of.
Things Chesapeake Renters Should Know
- Chesapeake is the third largest city in the state of Virginia.
- Although Chesapeake is part of a county formed in 1691, the city itself wasn't formed until 1963.
Key Resources for Renters in Chesapeake
- Look up utilities services, check out the residents' guide and learn about the local government at the City of Chesapeake, Va., website.
- Check out the variety of area attractions at the Visit Chesapeake website.
- Look at the calendar of events, check out adult and online learning options and learn about district programs at the Chesapeake Public Schools website.
Top Things to Do in and Around Chesapeake
Chesapeake is located in one of the most historic parts of the United States, so there's always something to do or see there. Take a boat ride through the infamous Dismal Swamp, the oldest continually running canal in the U.S. Bird watchers and nature lovers will also love the swamp - more than 200 different avian species have been spotted in the region, including the black-throated green warbler and the great egret. Of course, Chesapeake is also located mere miles from the Atlantic coastline, providing great access to fishing, swimming and other forms of seaside entertainment. For those residents that prefer to stay on land, the Chesapeake Arboretum provides a natural and educational escape to the trees.