681 Houses for Rent in Newport News, Virginia
Number of Bedrooms
Newport News House Options
Locate Houses for Rent in Newport News, VA
Homes for rent in Newport News, Va., provide access to the land by sea and by plane - literally! Located near one of the nation's largest aerospace centers as well as some of its more famous Atlantic coastline, Newport News is an accessible community for families of all stripes.
Things Newport News Renters Should Know
- Newport News was once part of one of the eight original shires of Virginia.
- The city is home to a number of colleges and university-level opportunities, including Christopher Newport University and the George Washington University Hampton Roads Center.
- Singer Ella Fitzgerald, the "Queen of Jazz," was born here in 1917.
Key Resources for Renters in Newport News
- Apply for city jobs, check out utility options and look up different recreation classes at the city of Newport News official website.
- Learn about the award-winning school district's programs, check out the academic and athletic opportunities, including STEM curriculum and learn about the school board and current administration at the Newport News Public Schools website.
- Check out Hampton Roads-area businesses at the Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce website.
Top Things to Do in Newport News
Learning about Virginia from a book can be flat, so residents who want to get an active inside scoop on their state can head to the Virginia Living Museum. Enjoy exhibits that explore the marine and mountainous terrain of the state, as well as the unique plant and animal life that makes up Appalachia and beyond. Residents who are interested in the arts can catch a show at the Ferguson Center for the Arts. Located on the Christopher Newport University campus, the center offers music, dance and dramatic arts throughout the year, with everything from the Blue Man Group to Kenny Rogers performing in a given month.