Find Houses for Rent in Chugiak, AK
Chugiak is technically a part of Anchorage, though it has a unique character all its own. Homes for rent in Chugiak have a more suburban feel than those in downtown Anchorage, though the city center is only a half-hour away by car.
Interesting Information for Chugiak Renters to Learn
- A total of six mountain chains are visible from Anchorage, including the Kenai, Tordrillo, Aleutian, Chugach and Alaska ranges.
- A number of movies have been filmed in Anchorage, such as "Ghost Vision," "Big Miracle," "The Frozen Ground" and the 1922 flick "The Cheechakos."
- Anchorage was originally a tent city that served as a railroad encampment along the banks of Ship Creek.
- There was a single bath tent in Anchorage in 1915, despite a population of roughly 2,000.
- There are only approximately 5 1/2 hours of daylight during the briefest winter days in Anchorage.
Useful Tools For Chugiak Renters
- Parents can learn more about educational opportunities in Chugiak for children in grades K-12 by visiting the Anchorage School District website.
- The website of the Anchorage Convention & Visitors Bureau has resources to help renters find entertaining attractions and save money in the Chugiak area.
- Information about local government and commerce can be accessed at the official website of the Municipality of Anchorage.
Attractions to Enjoy Near Chugiak Rentals
Lovers of flora can indulge their passion at the Alaska Botanical Garden, located on the outskirts of downtown Anchorage. The green space sports about 11 acres of curated trails and gardens in addition to more than 100 acres of boreal forest. For a more cultural experience, renters can check out the Alaska Native Heritage Center Museum, which preserves the customs of Native Alaskans of the present and earlier times. Goose Lake Park can be suitable for a pleasant day outdoors, thanks to its cross-country skiing and hiking trails, beaches for swimming, basketball court, ball field and playgrounds.