Discover Houses for Rent in Pueblo, CO
Pueblo is a bustling city in Pueblo County located 15 miles from neighboring Pueblo West and a 20-minute drive from Colorado City. Families looking for homes for rent in southeast Colorado will find a friendly, safe environment in Pueblo, a city rich with history and culture.
Facts for Renters
- The city dates back to 1842 when it was comprised of four small towns - Pueblo, South Pueblo, Central Pueblo and Bessemer - and referred to as Fort Pueblo by the Native Americans who settled on the land.
- The emergence of the ore mines transformed Pueblo from a small fort to what it's now considered - the backbone of Colorado. One of the largest steel-producing cities in the U.S., Pueblo has earned the nickname the "Steel City."
- Pueblo was proclaimed in 1993 by the U.S. Congress and is now known as "America's Home of Heroes," as it's home to several Medal of Honor recipients.
- Situated at the confluence of the Arkansas River and Fountain Creek, Pueblo has served as a vital crossroads for trading and transportation for over 150 years.
- The city seal displays five flags representing the five states and countries that held dominion over Pueblo throughout the past two centuries, including Texas, France, Spain, Mexico and eventually the U.S.
- Pueblo has one of the most uniquely diverse communities in the world, comprised predominantly of Italian, Hispanic and Slovenian heritages.
- The area is known for its mild year-round weather, yet outdoor lovers will find some of the world's best ski courses only a couple of hours away from the city.
Resources for Renters