429 Houses for Rent in Longmont, Colorado
Number of Bedrooms
Longmont House Options
Find Houses for Rent in Longmont, CO
Longmont, Colo., is conveniently situated 16 miles from Boulder and 37 miles from Denver, but the city's optimal location is far from the only attribute likely to attract people in the market for homes for rent. The thriving Old Town district is a cultural hub, while the city's 1500-plus acres of parks and open space are a powerful draw for outdoor enthusiasts. One thing's for sure - Longmont isn't nicknamed the Gem City of the St. Vrain Valley for nothing.
Things Longmont Renters Should Know
- Longmont is served by the St. Vrain Valley School District, which is composed of 23 elementary schools, two K-8 schools, nine middle schools, nine high schools (including the Internet-based St. Vrain Online Global Academy), six charter schools and one alternative school.
- The city is governed by a seven-member council.
Resources for Residents
- Longmont's official website is the place to go for information about the city council and government, the local community and neighborhoods, employment opportunities, recreation and culture, doing business in the area and more.
- The Longmont Area Visitor's Association operates a comprehensive site of its own, with accompanying Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages.
- To keep up with the latest goings-on, head to the Times-Call website or pick up a copy of the daily newspaper.
What to Do in Longmont
Longmont is home to 25 neighborhood parks that take up a combined total of 192 acres and boast features such as playgrounds, sports fields and picnic areas. Enjoy the peaceful ambience of one of the city's eight greenways or take the short drive to Rocky Mountain National Park to go biking, hiking, fishing, boating and more. If shopping's more your thing, head to Old Town Longmont, with its more than 300 galleries, restaurants and stores. The city also hosts numerous events each year, including 4th of July fireworks, the Concert in the Park series, Rhythm on the River and the Longmont Triathlon and Youth Triathlon.