Discover Nice Houses for Rent in Fort Collins, CO
Fort Collins is a city in Larimer County, just 65 miles north of Denver. The community borders Loveland, Windsor and Laporte and is easily accessible by U.S. Route 25. The picturesque town is home to Colorado State University and a number of cultural attractions, like the Fort Collins Lincoln Center and the Fort Collins Museum of Art. Homes for rent in the community offer a variety of recreational activities, local businesses and other offerings for families and college students.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- The community was founded in 1864 as a military base and named after William Collins, commander of the Ohio Cavalry troops. The city was incorporated a decade later in 1874.
- Fort Collins was one of the communities that inspired the iconic buildings along Main Street in Disneyland parks around the world. Harper Goff, who helped design Main Street USA, grew up in Fort Collins and used photographs from the city in the 1950s to inspire his work.
- Renters who enjoy the great outdoors have access to more than 600 acres of parks in Fort Collins, as well as hiking trails, golf courses and other recreational facilities.
Useful Resources for Renters
- The City of Fort Collins website is a great resource for renters who are new to the area. It provides information on city services, events, jobs and businesses, as well as ways to contact city departments and officials.
- Children living in the community attend school in the Poudre School District. Parents can visit the district website for information on academic calendars, athletics and extracurricular activities.
- The Coloradoan is the city's newspaper and reports on events, politics, sports and lifestyle in Fort Collins and the surrounding communities.