Discover Houses for Rent in Moline, IL
Moline is a city located in Rock Island County. It's approximately 15 minutes from the city of Davenport, Iowa. A multitude of job opportunities and local amenities make this city a great place for homes for rent. Families can ride on tractors at the John Deere Headquarters, explore the Mississippi River on a Channel Cat Taxi or taste some German cuisine at the Bier Stube of Moline.
Facts for Renters
- For years, Moline was a factory town. Many of the city's businesses were located near factories along the Mississippi River. However, a set of railroad tracks prevented many of the townspeople from accessing that area's businesses.
- During the early 1900s, many of the businesses began relocating to a region that was south of the river. The relocation caused a new downtown to form, making many of the residential homes turn into buildings for businesses. The district encouraged other types of venues as well, including theaters, hotels, bars and restaurants.
- Some of the most well-known buildings in the city are still standing today, making the city a historical area and neat place to visit. Most buildings are made of brick and between one and three stories tall.
- Visitors can check out the gorgeous LeClaire Hotel, which has been standing since 1922 and is on the Register of Historic Places.
Resources for Renters
- Get the scoop on breaking news, current happenings and even the local weather by checking out the Quad-City Times.
- Find out more about this historical city or a few of the best old buildings to visit by going on the Moline website.
- Learn about school enrollment dates, parent teacher conferences and what to expect on the first day of school by visiting the Moline School District website.