Find Houses for Rent in Rockford, IL
If you're looking for homes for rent in an area where business and industry are vibrant, and where your family can enjoy a rich history, look no further than Rockford, Illinois. The city is situated within one of the country's busiest business corridors (which includes Chicago on one end and Galena on the other) and has a past that's well-entrenched in sports legend.
Fun Facts for Rockford Renters
- One of the founders of the city was Lewis Lemon, an African-American slave who was able to buy his freedom before becoming a truck farmer.
- Over time, Rockford came to sport a very diverse community that includes Italians, Swedes, Poles, Lithuanians, Hispanics, Laotians and Vietnamese.
- Rockford is home to the Booker Washington Center, which is one of the oldest African-American community centers in all of Illinois.
- Between 1944 and 1954, Rockford was home to the Peaches, one of the teams to be featured in the All American Girls Professional Baseball League. The Rockford Peaches were also a major part of the movie "A League of Their Own."
- Renters in Rockford will never be in want of culture because of all that's before them: the Burpee Museum of Natural History, the Discovery Center Museum and the Anderson Japanese Garden.
- Famous Rockford natives and residents include astronaut Janice Voss, actor Aidan Quinn and Destiny's Child member Michelle Williams.
Resources for Rockford Renters