3,618 Apartments For Rent in Chicago, IL

Sort: Best Match
Results Per Page: 30
1-30 of 3,618 properties

Page 1 of 121

Apartments for Rent in Chicago, IL

The large city of Chicago, Illinois is home to approximately 2.7 million people. It's a great place to start a career, as young professionals make up a larger portion of the population here (20%) than nationally (15%). At an average age of just over 36, the city's population skews younger than most cities in Illinois. Renters slightly outnumber homeowners in Chicago by a slim 55%-45% margin. The average rent is just above the state average of $1,052/month.

Chicago has a relatively high number of residents over the age of 25 who have advanced degrees compared to the national average (7%), as 8% have earned a Master's degree or a Doctorate. Further, 15% possess a Bachelor's degree. Workers are spread across a wide range of industries in Chicago, the most common four of which are healthcare, retail, entertainment, and scientific. Combined, these industries account for 23% of the labor force in the city. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many workers in these industries are in sales, as 7% of the city's population reports this as their field of work, the highest number of any profession. Chicago workers earn an average annual income of just over $72,000, about $5,000 less than their peers elsewhere in the state. Chicago's average income, however, is fairly average compared to the national level ($73,345).

Chicago has an average commute time of about 38 minutes, slower than the state average of about 32 minutes. Many residents (27%) drive to work, while public transit is used by only 13% of the city. Not many residents (3%) walk to work, though the number surpasses the national average.

Rentals.com is part of the Rent. Network of Sites
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. RENTALS.COM and the RENTALS.COM Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having trouble reading this website, please email accessibilityfeedback@rent.com.
Equal Housing Opportunity
Showing 0 of 3,618