Discover Houses for Rent in Merriam, KS
The city of Merriam has a number of homes for rent within a short drive of nearby Kansas City. In addition to the nearby metro, the community is also bordered by Shawnee and Overland Park.
Top 4 Things for Merriam Renters to Do
- The Merriam Art Gallery features many different collections by artists from the local area and other parts of the country and the world.
- For those looking for some exercise or a place to swim, the Merriam Aquatic Center provides many activities for those in local rentals. It's open from late May through early September every year.
- As one of the largest facilities in the Midwest focused on skateboarding, the KC Skatepark is a frequent hangout for many local teens and others interested in the sport.
- The Strawberry Hill Povitica also gives local renters an opportunity to get a taste of years' past. Povitica, an old-style Polish dough often filled with a sweet filling, is a regular treat.
Outdoor Parks and Activities for Renters in Merriam
- Werner Park, also known as Merriam Marketplace, contains a large covered pavilion that plays host to a number of seasonal events, in addition to the regular farmers' market.
- As the oldest park in the city, those in local rentals checking out Antioch Park will find a variety of established activities, including fishing lakes, sports courts, and a playground for children.
- The Merriam Visitors Bureau also recommends renters looking for some local adventure participate in geocaching, an activity in which people look for hidden packages and puzzles as a way of exploring the area.
Shopping Opportunities in Merriam
The city is also home to a variety of unique shopping opportunities, ranging from the traditional to the quirky. Merriam Town Center includes a movie theater as well as a number of national chains, and the Russell Stover Candy Store gives renters an chance to satisfy their collective sweet tooth.