688 Houses For Rent in Prairie Village, KS
Number of Bedrooms
Prairie Village House Options
Looking for more?
Explore Houses for Rent in Prairie Village, KS
The city of Prairie Village, Kan., was settled as farmland in the 1800s, but homes for rent and other properties quickly began to grow. The planned development outside of Kansas City sits between the suburbs of Overland Park and Leawood.
Educational Opportunities for Prairie Village Renters
- Families in Prairie Village are served by the Shawnee Mission School District, which has earned a strong standing in the educational community nationwide. It serves students of local renters from kindergarten through high school.
- After high school, families can send their young adults to any of the area's local colleges. Both the University of Kansas and University of Missouri have campuses in the area, along with the Johnson County Community College District.
Top 3 Things for Prairie Village Renters to Do
- There are more than a dozen parks in the Prairie Village community, each with a different selection of amenities for local renters. For example, Franklin Park includes baseball and soccer fields, grills and an exercise trail, while Harmon Park includes a swimming pool, skate park and tennis courts.
- The city also gives those in the local community a number of options in terms of shopping. The Prairie Village Shopping Center includes more than 50 shops, while the Corinth, Meadowbrook and State Line Road shopping centers add even more variety.
- The Johnson County Library provides another destination for local renters. In addition to books and other resources, the library hosts a number of classes.
Resources for Those in Prairie Village
Those settling into rentals in Prairie Village can take advantage of the city's thorough website, which provides a detailed list of departmental contacts and other local policies. To track updates and local events, the city also maintains Twitter and Facebook pages for local residents.