Discover Houses for Rent in Hammond, LA
Found east of Baton Rouge, this city is the largest in all of Tangipahoa Parish and home to Southeastern Louisiana University. Families interested in homes for rent will love the beautiful scenery afforded to them by the tranquil nature of Hammond.
Fun Facts About Hammond for New Residents
- Founded in the 1830s as a settlement, many of the oldest buildings in the city can still be found in the downtown area of Hammond. They preserve the historic culture of the city that new construction and shops can't provide.
- It has its roots in the railroads, as the New Orleans, Jackson and Great Northern Railroads helped maintain its presence as an industrial city. The development of trains brought many new people to Hammond and spurred its growth in southern Louisiana.
- Many local farmers began to harvest strawberries and ship them across the nation. Using their funds, they replaced wooden structures with brick buildings, which stand today as a reflection of the city's culture.
Useful Resources for New Hammond Renters
- Education in Hammond is handled by the Tangipahoa Parish School System, which serves to provide children with the necessary materials to expand their minds and knowledge. Its objective is to present students with the best possible opportunities for education to meet their learning needs.
- The Hammond Public Library has various programs and classes available to its residents for both informational and entertainment purposes. It also runs monthly book clubs and movie nights for adults to come together and meet.
- Open to general, corporate and military aircraft, the Hammond Northshore Regional Airport services the aviation needs of the residents of Tangipahoa Parish. With dual-lighted runways and more than 900 acres of land, it's fully equipped to manage small and large aircraft.
What to Do in Hammond
Rich in history, culture and hospitality, there's no shortage of social and recreational opportunities for families looking to rent in Hammond.