235 Houses for Rent in Shreveport, Louisiana
Number of Bedrooms
Shreveport House Options
Looking for more?
Find Great Houses for Rent in Shreveport, LA
Shreveport is a large city in northwestern Louisiana on the western banks of the Red River. The state's third-largest city sits at the intersection of interstates 20 and 49, with Minden to the east and Mansfield just south. Unlike many of the U.S.' other cities, Shreveport isn't just tall buildings and concrete - the city is full of sprawling residential neighborhoods with trees, parks and green spaces that the kids will love. In fact, homes for rent in Shreveport have a little bit of something for the whole family. Parents will like the convenient highways, short commutes downtown and variety of nearby hospitals, while the kids will enjoy exploring the Louisiana State Exhibit Museum, playing baseball at Cargill Park or swimming at Splash Kingdom Water Park.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Although the word "city" makes people think of urban landscapes, there are a ton of outdoor recreational opportunities in and near Shreveport. Families will like visiting the Caddo Lake and Red River National Wildlife Refuge. Parents may also enjoy the variety of golf courses and country clubs in west Shreveport.
- Shreveport was founded by the Shreve Town Company as a place at the intersection of the Red River and the Texas Trail. Shreveport and the Shreve Town Company were named after Capt. Henry Shreve, who cleared the Red River and made it navigable.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Children in Shreveport are part of the Caddo Parish Public School System.
- Residents in Shreveport get their local and national news, sports and entertainment from the Shreveport Times.
- Shreveport is part of Caddo Parish, but because of its size, the city operates its own police department to keep citizens safe.
Live in Shreveport
Shreveport offers families a great place to settle down, with nearby schools and short commutes that allow everyone to spend more time with one another.