Find Houses for Rent in Lincoln Park, MI
Lincoln Park is a city in Wayne County, and is approximately 22 minutes away from Detroit. Homes for rent in the area provide families with plenty of chances to explore this portion of Michigan and check out a variety of fun activities. Go on one of Diamond Jack's River Tours, which lets you learn about the city of Detroit and Michigan from the Detroit River. Grab a few interesting reads at Magina's Books, which carry genres for every taste. If you enjoy a good game of pool, check out Ball & Cue and Brew & Billiards, which let customers play a few rounds of the game while enjoying a few beers or some appetizers.
Facts for Renters
- Lincoln Park began as a French town, with the first white settler in the area being a man from Quebec in 1669. Later on, the Potowami Nation gave 4,000 acres of land to a man named Pierre St. Cosme. Some of these acres include present-day Lincoln Park and Allen Park. After Cosmo died, the land was divided among French farmers in the region whose land sat along the Detroit River.
- Soon after German settlers came to the area and developed a business district for the region, which helped boost commerce and the local economy.
- Lincoln Park experienced a spike in settlers after Henry Ford opened up a factory nearby, and paid workers $5 an hour.
- Lincoln Park was an unincorporated community until 1921, when it became a village. Only four years later the village became a city.
Resources for Renters
- Find out what other activities visitors can enjoy in this city by checking out the Lincoln Park website.
- Learn more about local schools in the area and what children can expect on their first day by visiting the Lincoln Park Public Schools website.
- Get to know the area even better by reading up on a few current events in The News Herald.