Discover Houses for Rent in Olive Branch, MS
Olive Branch is located just 30 minutes from Memphis, Tenn., and approximately 20 minutes from Southaven. Homes for rent in Olive Branch are close to the cultural and recreational amenities of Memphis, while providing renters with plenty of suburban space to stretch their legs.
Intriguing Facts About Olive Branch
- Rock Springs School was founded in 1836, providing classes in a log cabin. Years later, in 1911, property provided by Milton Blocker Jr. and his children became the site of DeSoto County Agricultural High School.
- In March of 1888, Olive Branch was incorporated as a village, after being officially recognized as a town on May 1, 1874.
- Milton Blocker and Stephen Flinn were among the Olive Branch region's first settlers. Chickasaw Chief Lush-pum-tubby sold the two DeSoto County Sections 34 and 35 for $1,600.
Helpful Olive Branch Resources
- Municipal information about local government and city departments is available at the official website of the City of Olive Branch.
- The Olive Branch Chamber of Commerce website provides a calendar of events and tools for those who are new to the city.
- Academic assistance for parents can be found at the DeSoto County School District website.
Recreational Activities in Olive Branch
A number of green spaces are near Olive Branch rentals. For instance, Olive Branch City Park is home to three lakes, including one equipped with a pier. The park also offers a playground, several ball field complexes, five tennis courts, an amphitheater, miles of walking trails, picnic pavilions and a track with eight lanes. Southridge Community Park is another local destination for outdoor enjoyment, with its 2-acre lake, baseball practice area, playground, walking trail and benches. Up in Memphis, renters can stop by one of the city's many dining and entertainment venues. Huey's Restaurant, for example, serves burgers and beers and hosts live musical performances.