Discover Amazing Houses for Rent in Mesquite, NV
Mesquite is a city in Clark County, Nevada. It's right on the Nevada-Arizona line, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. With more than 300 sunny days every year and all of the amenities that make finding homes for rent in the city attractive, Mesquite is a great place to settle down and raise a family.
Historical Facts About Mesquite
- In the early days of Mesquite, 15 families, totaling 71 people, had settled within the area. Their goal was to set up successful farms, and the Virgin River was a big help.
- In 1882, the Virgin River flooded, which forced everyone out of the area. Dudley Leavitt, his wives and children tried to set up shop in the area a few years later, but they were forced to leave as well.
- In 1894, pioneers tried to settle in Mesquite Flats again. Six families from Bunkerville rebuilt the canal and were able to permanently settle in the area.
- The town changed its name from Mesquite Flats to Mesquite in 1898.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Mesquite's official website is a great source of information for those who are looking to acquaint themselves with the city. It outlines all of the city's highlights, from art and cultural attractions to climate, education, maps, photo galleries and services. Everything a new renter needs can be found on the site.
- The Visit Mesquite website, with the motto "An escape from the everyday," has plenty of resources and links for residents who are looking for things to do in their new community. Whether it's golf courses, casinos or family-friendly activities you're looking for, you can find it there.
- Check out Clark County's website for more details about the surrounding area. It has resources for county residents as well as event calendars, government contact information, departments and news relevant to those living in Mesquite.