Discover Excellent Houses for Rent in Fernley, NV
Fernley is a city in Nevada's Lyon County. It's situated east of the Reno-Sparks metropolitan area, near Fallon. The city's motto, "A great place to live, work and play," holds true to the nature of the community. Homes for rent in Fernley give renters access to great schools, recreation opportunities and all of the amenities they're looking for in a hometown.
Historical Facts About Fernley
- Fernley was created in 1904, mostly as an agricultural and ranching community.
- The Truckee Canal brought water to the area, which allowed ranching and farming to expand. It's about 32 miles long and was built as part of the Newlands Project in 1905. The canal was made to carry 1,500 cubic feet per second of water from the Truckee River through Fernley.
- In 1905, the Fernley railroad station was listed in the official railroad guide. The Fernley Depot was finished in 1914, and it was used until the Southern Pacific Railroad closed it down in 1985.
Useful Resources for New Renters
- Fernley's official website is a helpful resource for those who are looking to get more acquainted with the city. It has agendas and minutes, details about the local government, community news, an events calendar and answers to frequently asked questions that new residents may have.
- The Fernley Chamber of Commerce is a good place to find more information about the businesses in the area. It also lists news stories and attractions that residents may be interested in checking out.
- Lyon County's website can help new renters familiarize themselves with the surrounding cities and towns near Fernley. There, you can find county resources, attractions and news that can help you get settled.
- Parents should be sure to visit the Lyon County School District's site for details about the education offerings in Fernley and the surrounding communities.