Discover Awesome Houses for Rent in Reno, NV
Reno, "The Biggest Little City in the World," is the county seat of Nevada's Washoe County. It's located directly south of Sun Valley. With world-famous casinos that offer a fabulous nightlife and lots of visitors, there's always something exciting happening in the city. Homes for rent offer citizens access to Reno's spoils, including a solid school system and great parks and recreation services.
Historical Facts About Reno
- Charles Fuller built a log bridge over the Truckee River in 1859, then charged people who crossed over it on their way to Virginia City, where gold had been recently discovered. He also offered them shelter and food.
- In 1861, Myron Lake bought the bridge and used the money from the toll to buy more land and erect a few buildings and mills in the area.
- On May 9, 1868, Reno was officially established. Lake's land leftovers were divided into lots and auctioned off.
Resources for New Renters
- Reno's official website is a wonderful resource for those who are looking to acquaint themselves with the community. It has all kinds of Reno-related facts, department information, government details, event calendars, local news and other helpful links that new renters can use to get situated.
- Check out the Reno-Tahoe International Airport's site to learn more about local flights. There, you can find flight schedules, passenger information, dining and shopping options, and related news stories relevant to the facility.
- Those who are interested in pursuing higher education should head over to the University of Nevada, Reno's site. There, you can find registration information, class offerings and even university-hosted events that are open to the public, which could provide learning opportunities for new renters and their families.