152 Houses for Rent in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Number of Bedrooms
Portsmouth House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Discover Houses for Rent in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Portsmouth is in Rockingham County. Nearby cities include Greenland, Rye and Kittery. The New York Times pointed out that it's the third-oldest city in the country. Aside from this neat claim to fame, the city is bursting with life. Charming cafes and cute boutiques dot the historic streets. Then, there's the food. Portsmouth's gastronomy scene is one of New England's best. Whether you're in the mood to take in an art show, indulge in a sumptuous meal or just relax by the Harbor, Portsmouth won't disappoint. All of this and then some are reasons why it's a great spot for families looking for homes for rent.
Fun Facts about Portsmouth
- The Prescott Park Arts Festival comes to town every summer. It's the perfect opportunity to see some music shows and enjoy the great outdoors. A number of food vendors set up shop, so you can grab something to nibble on when you arrive.
- The Strawbery Banke Museum is a collection of interesting colonial homes and gardens. During the colder months, the front yard transforms into a small ice rink that's open for skating.
- Sip a soothing cup of coffee at Caffee Kilim - one of the area's finest cafes. Kitsch decor, including postcards from far-flung places, adorns the establishment.
- Please your palate by sampling the chicken liver pate, lamb shank and other mouth-watering plates from Cure. Wash it all down with a classic cocktail or refreshing brew.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website to get to know the area a little better. It's a great resource for new residents because it offers information regarding schools, government and recreation.
- Check out the Greater Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce for all things business or if you want to become a member.