52 Houses for Rent in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Number of Bedrooms
Santa Fe House Options
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe is the capital city of New Mexico. It's 60 minutes from Albuquerque, another major city in New Mexico. Homes for rent in this bustling community give people the chance to explore the capital and find out why it became an important city. There's also plenty to do. Check out the Santa Fe Opera House, considered a must-see by locals. If you're into art, visit the Museum of International Folk Art, which has plenty of eclectic pieces to view. Take a trip to the well-known Canyon Road to enjoy breathtaking views of the area.
Facts for Renters
- Santa Fe was established 13 years before the pilgrims ever arrived on Cape Cod. Soon after, this area was developed into a Spanish empire. It was the first capital city in North America and the only city West of the Mississippi that was ruled by Europeans for an extended period.
- In 1712, the Santa Fe Fiesta was created and is still celebrated today. It is the oldest celebration in the nation, and honors the day that the Spanish took New Mexico back.
- Santa Fe was the first foreign city that was taken over by Americans. The conquest occurred during 1846 in the Mexican-American War.
- In 1912, many people came to Santa Fe for its dry climate, believing it could cure tuberculosis.
- Today, a Spanish influence can still be seen in the culture and architecture of this city, as many have a pueblo style. There are many historic buildings that have been preserved by locals for hundreds of years.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know this city better by checking out the Santa Fe website.
- Looking for a few things to do around the city? Pick up a copy of the The Santa Fe New Mexican.
- Find out if local schools are up to your standards by visiting the Santa Fe Public Schools website.