Find Houses for Rent in Las Cruces, NM
Las Cruces is a city in Dona Ana County and is 50 minutes from El Paso, Texas. Homes for rent in this region give people a taste of Spanish history and culture, as the city sits right within the Rio Grande Valley. The city also has strong educational ties, as it's home to New Mexico State University.
Aside from learning about history or visiting the university, there's plenty to do in this city, which ranks as the second largest in the state. Check out the White Sands Missile Range, which is one of the biggest employers in New Mexico. Take a hike around the Dripping Springs Natural Area or if you're an animal lover visit the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum.
Facts for Renters
- Las Cruces' nickname is "City of the Crosses" and its slogan is "people helping people."
- The city was founded in 1849 as part of the Mesilla Valley, which is the agricultural flood region of the Rio Grande River. Las Cruces sits right in the center of it.
- For years the area was occupied by Native Americans, but then was overtaken by Spaniards and later Mexicans.
- Given the fertility of the land, many people owned and ranched farmlands, making this area a center for trade. However, these farmers experienced hardships during times of drought and dryness. Luckily the development of local railroads helped bring new industry to the community.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know this city even better and find out what else there is to do by visiting the Las Cruces website.
- Figure out what's going on locally by picking up a copy of the Las Cruces Sun News.
- Interested in knowing when school begins? Visit the Las Cruces Public Schools website.