Search for Houses for Rent in Hummelstown, PA
Established in 1762 and incorporated in 1874, Hummelstown began as a new community for German immigrants. Just 20 minutes from Harrisburg and under 10 minutes from Hershey Park, it's an excellent area to find homes for rent. The town was originally named Frederickstown, after the gentleman - Frederick Hummel - who purchased the land in the 18th century and doled out individual plots as people moved to America.
Interesting Information About Hummelstown
- The Indian Echo Caverns is the high-rated attraction in Hummelstown, according to TripAdvisor. Learn about the American Indian tribes that once populated the area, explore unique caverns and don't forget a sweater because it can be a bit chilly underground.
- You can't miss the Hummelstown Arts Festival, a town staple that takes place every fall. With tons of local vendors gathered together for this arts and entertainment event, it's an important part of the borough's culture.
- Stop by the Hummelstown Area Historical Society Museum. It's situated in the Parish House, one of the town's most historic buildings. Tours and special events are held regularly, so be sure to reference the schedule online prior to your visit.
Helpful Hints for Renters
- Check out the Hummelstown website for information about the local government, town meetings and community organizations. Links to the police, fire and public works departments, as well as recent newsletters, are also available on the site.
- Students who live in Hummelstown attend the Lower Dauphin School District. Scroll through the website for lunch menus, sports schedules and school board meetings. You can find contact information, student handbooks and detailed curricula here as well.
The Sun covers Hummelstown, Hershey and Palmyra counties news. See what's happening around town, peruse the classifieds and get informed on local issues and events.