Find Your Dream House for Rent in Aubrey, TX
Located near Little Elm and Prosper, Aubrey is a small city less than an hour's drive from the shops, restaurants and excitement of downtown Dallas. However, homes for rent in Aubrey move at a much slower pace that allows all members of the community to live, work and grow together.
Fun Facts About Aubrey
- Aubrey was founded by Lemual Noah Edwards, a wealthy Civil War veteran. An Alabama native, Edwards had timber from his home state shipped to Aubrey, where he would use the wood to construct the city's first two-story building in 1867.
- Famous for the surrounding area's tradition of peanut farming, Aubrey hosts the annual Aubrey Peanut Festival every October. Activities at the 2014 event include a horseshoe tournament, a peanut butter sandwich eating contest, a peanut spitting contest and a peanut butter cup relay.
- A few miles north of Aubrey lies Ray Roberts Lake State Park, a nature preserve that features dozens of miles of hiking trails, rivers and lakes for fishing and boating, and overnight accommodations at the hilltop Lantana Resort.
Helpful Resources for Residents of Aubrey
- Children in Aubrey go to schools regulated by the Aubrey Independent School District. With a preschool, two elementary schools, a middle school and a high school, kids never have to worry about where they can turn for their educations.
- The Aubrey Chamber of Commerce has important information for entrepreneurial residents looking to start a business in the city. The CoC website has links to local directories, an events calendar and an application to become an official member of the Aubrey CoC - a crucial step for anybody starting a new business in the community.