Discover Houses for Rent in Little Elm, TX
Little Elm is in Denton County and lies along the Lewisville Lake. The city is near McKinney and Frisco. Residents searching for homes for rent will find many vibrant and colorful places nearby, such as Beard Park, Marion Field, Waters Edge Cafe, Schmittys, Lighthouse Grill, Los Jalapenos, Love Temple Church and Cottonwood Creek Marina.
History of Little Elm
- The area served as an abundant center of timber during its early history.
- Little Elm was constructed by Kit King around the body of water known as Little Elm Creek.
- The first store in the community was opened in 1859.
- The community's location near Lewisville Lake was instrumental in promoting the accessibility of the community.
Resources for Renters
- Little Elm's website will be helpful for new and potential residents. The site provides the latest in news and announcements from the community, a calendar of events and maps to help a new renter quickly navigate the intricacies of the community. Other pages include minutes and agendas in the city and a page that allows renters to pay their bills online. There are other specific pages on government and for residents, so a resident with a particular question should peruse this website to learn more about an individual request.
- The Little Elm Chamber of Commerce has a website that will help a resident find information on the chamber's values, its directory, a page on Little Elm's community, news, a calendar and local deals. Renters can find resources on this site that will guide them through the process of becoming members. This is listed on the page called "Join Us," which subdivides into pages about joining the chamber, member benefits and investment schedules.
Little Elm Independent School District provides information on schools in the city. There are pages on various elements of district life, such as the board of trustees, departments, community, a school list and a page with a summary of the district.