Discover Houses for Rent in Burkburnett, TX
Burkburnett is a part of Wichita County along the Red River. The city is just north of Wichita Falls. Families searching for homes for rent will find a residential area with many modern amenities in Burkburnett, including Permian Park, Freeman Park, Panda Panda, The Stitching Depot Quilt Shop, First Baptist Church and Bealls.
Interesting Facts About Burkburnett
- Mabel Gilbert was the first settler of Burkburnett. Gilbert was known as a pioneer in northern Texas. He first came to Burkburnett in 1856.
- The community's name is derived from Samuel Burk Burnett, who was a rancher in the area.
- Burkburnett officially incorporated in 1913.
- Oil was discovered in the town in the early 1900s, providing an boost for both economic and population growth in Burkburnett.
- The 1940 film "Boom Town" was inspired by events in Burkburnett. Clark Gable starred in the film.
- Later industries that were prominent in Burkburnett include plastics, chemical products and machinery.
- Sheppard Air Force Base was established near Burkburnett in the early 1940s.
- The city's motto is "You're Home Now!"
Resources for Renters
- Residents seeking information about Burkburnett should visit the city's website. Among a slew of pages, renters can find relevant information on the city map page and the "Relocating to Burkburnett" page. Particular services the city provides are also posted on the site, such as the city's governments and departments. There's also a page on the city's history.
Burkburnett Independent School District's website has the basic pieces of information a parent will need to read prior to sending his or her children to school. These include the district's pages on students, schools, community, partners in education and the monthly newsletter. The district's mantra is "Educate Excite Engage" and other pages on the site include the district's Facebook page and one on the district's alumni.