Find Great Houses for Rent in Iowa Park, TX
Iowa Park is a small city off Route 287 in northern Texas. Between the Red and Wichita rivers, and west of Wichita Falls, Iowa Park is a great family-friendly community. Homes for rent in this city are spread out among a variety of suburban neighborhoods, with safe streets that are great for kids. Parks such as Antelope Park give families fun recreation spaces, while businesses like Cryovac, Inc. exemplify the many work opportunities in the area. The city has a rich commodities culture on a convenient rail and trucking route, which means plenty of shopping and restaurants for renters.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Iowa Park residents are near several notable bodies of water. Within the city limits, there's Gordon Lake, and families can go boating in Lake Iowa Park. To the northwest is the much larger North Fork Buffalo Creek Reservoir, which features trails for recreation around its banks.
- Iowa Park started in 1888 because of its location on the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway. Soon after the town was created and named for its Iowa residents, half the town burned down. Cotton, oil and wheat were the main commodities in this area.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Families may want to take a trip into Wichita Falls every so often. With an airport, major businesses and a big city feel, families will love driving just down the road to Wichita Falls.
- Located in downtown Iowa Park, the Iowa Park Leader is the local newspaper. It's an authority on regional news, opinion and sports.
- Learn more about the community, the laws and the people of Iowa Park at its website. There's a community calendar, public notices and information for enrolling in school at the Iowa Park Schools.