Discover Houses for Rent in Del Valle, TX
Del Valle is a small community in southeast Texas. The community is found in Travis County near Elgin. Del Valle is a suburb of Austin, the legendary college town. Besides offering residents opportunities within Austin, homes for rent in Del Valle give inhabitants a broad range of choices in terms of places to go, such as the Colorado River, Hilton Austin Airport and many more.
History of Del Valle and Austin
- Del Valle Army Air Field was established in the community in 1942, bringing with it an increase in Del Valle's population.
- Austin's history is relevant to potential renters of Del Valle.
- Austin derives its name from Stephen Austin, one of the principal founders of Texas.
- The Austin City Gazette was the first newspaper to be published in the city.
- The city was incorporated in the mid-1800s.
- The Houston and Texas Central Railway reached Austin in the late 1800s. As the city was the last stop of the railroad in west Texas, Austin ascended to fame as the dominant trading center in the area. This led to a marked increase in the population and development of the city.
- The University of Texas at Austin has cemented the city's reputation as a college town, with famous films like "Slacker" depicting the style of life in the city.
Resources for Renters
Del Valle Independent School District's website has the district's contact information and numerous pages that will be helpful for parents searching for information about education in the community. These include parent information, district information, schools and the school board.
Austin's website will be a key resource for Del Valle residents to learn about the city government, departments, businesses and arts and leisure.