Find Houses for Rent in Kyle, TX
The city of Kyle, Texas, offers a centralized location to some of the Lone Star State's major metropolitan areas. It's also close to major highways and other forms of transportation, so Kyle provides an ideal spot for families looking for homes for rent.
Key Facts About Kyle for Local Renters
- The city of Kyle was founded in 1880 and is located in Hays County, just 20 miles south of Austin. It is also about 60 miles north of San Antonio, and Houston is about 200 miles to the east.
- The town is named after Fergus Kyle, who, along with David Moore, donated 200 acres of land for the town site when the International-Great Northern Railroad was built between Austin and San Antonio.
- Kyle was home to some popular figures, including American League baseball pitcher C. C. "Tex" Hughson, San Jacinto hero John Wheeler Bunton and author Katherine Ann Porter.
- The city sits on the edge of Texas Hill Country, providing renters with beautiful scenery and various recreation opportunities.
- Kyle is one of the fastest growing cities in Texas.
- The city is located less than 10 minutes from the largest outlet mall shopping center in Texas.
Key Resources for Kyle Renters
Things to Do in Kyle
- Kyle is home to numerous historical sites, including the Katherine Anne Porter House and the Old D.A. Young Building, which was the first permanent store in Kyle, built in 1880. The old Kyle City Hall is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Kyle has a variety of community events throughout the year. For instance, a music festival takes place in the fall, Plum Creek Front Porch Days takes place in May, Movies in the Park play during the summer and the Polar Bear Splash occurs in the winter.
- The Hays Performing Arts Center features performances for families renting homes in the area.