Find Great Houses for Rent in Willis, TX
Willis is located along the Missouri Pacific Railroad in Montgomery County, just north of Conroe. The city was founded around the same time as the railroad in the late 1800s. The community is conveniently located near U.S. Highway 75 and Interstate 45. Homes for rent in the area provide easy access to a number of great recreational attractions, an impressive school system and the Montgomery County Memorial Library system.
Interesting Facts for Future Renters
- Since its founding in 1870, Willis has been involved in the timber industry. Lumber has been the area's most stable export for more than 100 years.
- At the height of the tobacco boom during the early 1900s, Willis was instrumental in growing the crop. The city supplied tobacco for more than seven cigar factories.
- Lake Conroe, built in the 1970s, is one of Willis's biggest attractions. The area is popular for fishing, dining, camping and boating. The city is also close to the Sam Houston National Forest, Huntsville State Park and a number of golf courses.
Resources for Renters
- The official city website has information and contacts for the different departments and offices. Residents can also sign up for a board or commission, such as the Board of Adjustments or the Planning and Zoning Commission, via the website.
- The Courier of Montgomery County reports on news throughout Willis and the surrounding towns. Renters can also find job posting, classified ads and legal notices in the paper.
- For families interested in the Willis School District, their website has all the information about the local school system. Academic calendars, important forms, announcements and parent resources are all available on the site.