79 Houses For Rent in Cedar City, UT
Number of Bedrooms
Cedar City House Options
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Cedar City, UT
Cedar City is a community in southwest Utah near Dixie National Forest. Cedar City is the largest city in Iron County and is close to St. George and Hurricane. Bisected by Interstate 15, Cedar City is 180 miles from Las Vegas to the south and 250 miles from Salt Lake City in the north. More Southwestern in look and feel than the cities in northern Utah by Great Salt Lake, Cedar City is scenic with red mountains, including Red Hill. Homes for rent in Cedar City are near the Cedar City Regional Airport, the Cedar Ridge Golf Course and the Frontier Homestead State Park Museum. Southern Utah University and its Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery are also in Cedar City.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Cedar City was settled in 1851 by two militia companies looking to build an iron works. The settlement that grew was named Fort Cedar because of the nearby trees, but the trees were actually juniper, not cedar.
- After the area shut down iron operations, its economy diversified. As well as agriculture, the community embraced tourism and became the "gateway" to Utah's many national parks for those traveling from the southern California area. The Groovefest American Music Festival, The American Southwest Classic Film Festival, Utah Summer Games, the famed Utah Shakespearean Festival and many more celebrations are all in Cedar City.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Townspeople can head to Cedar City Daily News' website for more information on the sports, news and opinions in the community.
- Children in Cedar City are served by the Iron County School District. The district has more than a dozen schools, many in Cedar City.
- For citizens interested in learning more about the town's history, upcoming events or municipal business, the official Cedar City website is a great tool.
Live in Cedar City
Families will love taking part in the dozens of major events and festivals that take place in Cedar City each year.