Discover Houses for Rent in Clearfield, UT
East of Great Salt Lake, near Farmington Bay, Clearfield is a city near Hill Air Force Base. Near Interstate 15 and the Utah Transit Authority Clearfield train station, Clearfield is a popular commuter city for traveling to Ogden, Provo and even Salt Lake City. Homes for rent in Clearfield aren't just great for commuting -there are plenty of things to do in the city. The city is broken into several small neighborhoods. Many are residential, although some feature local shops, national stores and recreational facilities like the Clearfield Aquatic Center. Clearfield is also home to dozens of parks and the Davis Hospital and Medical Center.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Although much of Davis County was settled shortly after Salt Lake City was in 1840s, Clearfield was one of the last to be settled. It saw its first residents in 1877.
- Clearfield was once called "Sandridge," however, the name was changed to promote the idea of agricultural fertility.
- The Freeport Center is a major shipping, warehousing and manufacturing facility for the Western U.S. This enormous commercial and industrial facility was once the Clearfield Naval Supply Depot, built in 1943. The location was chosen for the dry climate, excellent transportation nearby - air, rail or automobile - and the geographical security with the mountains and lake.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- As part of Davis County, The Davis Clipper is a great local newspaper for Clearfield residents. The Standard-Examiner is another local paper that serves a smaller area.
- Clearfield is part of the Davis School District. Although it's a regional governing body, many of the schools for Clearfield students are conveniently in the city's limits.
- The Clearfield official website is filled with helpful links that citizens will love. Everything from a community calendar to government information is all conveniently in one place.