357 Houses for Rent in Hampton, Virginia
Number of Bedrooms
Hampton House Options
Locate Houses for Rent in Hampton, VA
Homes for rent in Hampton, Va., are located in one of the state's most dynamic regions: the Hampton Roads metro area. With convenient access to world-class schools and universities, a number of employment options and both urban and natural escapes, there's plenty for all residents to enjoy.
Things Hampton Renters Should Know
- Hampton's European roots date back to 1607, when the first settlers came to the area to create the Jamestown settlement.
- Hampton was once home to Jefferson Davis, the president of the short-lived Confederate States of America.
- Hampton is home to several education options, including Hampton University, a private college, and Thomas Nelson Community College, which offers a number of technical degree programs.
- Hampton is a popular home for many military families in the area, as well as those who work in the aerospace field.
Key Resources for Renters in Hampton
- Learn about new developments, check out local attractions and upcoming events and look up local recycling and waste pick up options at the city of Hampton official website.
- Learn about public policies, check out the events calendar and examine local businesses on the Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce website.
- Look up schools, check out academic and athletic programs and learn more about the superintendent at the Hampton City Schools website.
Top Things to Do in and Around Hampton
Residents who enjoy getting outside and enjoying the fresh air have many more options than the Hampton coast. The Sandy Bottom Nature Park encompasses 456 acres of wetland marshes, as well as a number of educational programs to help you learn about the many birds, mammals and plants that reside here. To learn more about the long history of the region, residents can head to the Hampton History Museum, which chronicles the area's residents back to the longhouses of the Kecoughtan Native Americans.