Discover Houses for Rent in Gig Harbor, WA
The picturesque waterfront community of Gig Harbor is one of Washington's most popular and charming retreats, offering amazing dining, fascinating maritime history and a wide variety of outdoor activities. Homes for rent in Gig Harbor look out on breathtaking views of Mount Rainier across the Puget Sound, and residents are able to enjoy a charming, lively community known for art, fishing and a calmer way of living.
3 Facts Gig Harbor Renters Should Know
- Minutes away from Tacoma over the Narrows Bridge and connected to the city via the local Pierce Transit system, Gig Harbor is conveniently located even as it remains a charming getaway.
- A former center for logging, boat building and fishing with a modern history dating back to 1840, Gig Harbor retains its roots as a fishing community, but it has also become a destination for art and gourmet dining.
- Gig Harbor has an active festival schedule year-round, with regular art gallery walks, food and wine celebrations and the annual Gig Harbor Summer Art Festival.
Top 3 Resources for Gig Harbor Renters
- Access community services and resources using the official website for the City of Gig Harbor.
- Find information about area schools at the Peninsula School District website.
- Learn about upcoming events and local activities at Gig Harbor Guide.
Things to Do and Conveniences in Gig Harbor
As a popular getaway for Seattle and Tacoma residents, Gig Harbor is full of great shopping, dining and waterfront activities like kayaking and fishing. Families can also learn about maritime history at the Harbor History Museum, bike the beautiful Olympic Peninsula or go berry picking as a way of enjoying the area's unique natural resources. And with Tacoma and Seattle both a short drive away, more entertainment is never far.