Discover Gorgeous Houses for Rent in University Place, WA
If you're looking for beautiful vistas, welcoming neighbors, fun activities to do and new opportunities to take advantage of, you'll find your perfect home for rent in University Place, Wash. A medium-sized city, there's enough room to benefit from the various parks and other natural elements the area has to offer, but there's also a sense of being involved in a close-knit community.
There's even something for the city folk who have rentals in University Place - the city borders the south side of Tacoma, so it's a quick jaunt to the metropolitan area, if that's what you're looking for.
3 Fun Facts about University Place
- The Chambers Bay Gold Course is seeped in history - before being transformed into the links, it was a lumber industry headquarters, a railroad center and a gravel mine.
- The area was named University Place because the city was going to be the site of the University of Puget Sound, but because of financial troubles, this never came to pass - but the city kept its name.
- This region wasn't made a city until 1995, though the area has been inhabited for at least 200 years.
Key Resources for University Place Renters
- Though Animal Control is normally thought of as a resource if you see a dangerous creature, this is also where you want to go when you need a license and if your pet gets lost.
- The Parks and Recreation Department should be checked out by everyone new to University Place. Here, you'll find new programs, sessions and other fun activities to sign individuals of any age up for new experiences.
- Parents will want to contact the University Place School District to enroll their little ones in one of the city's four elementary, two middle or two high schools.