Find Houses for Rent in Kenosha, WI
Kenosha is a city located in Kenosha County. It is the fourth-largest city on the western coast of Lake Michigan, and is not far from areas like Milwaukee, Racine and Chicago. Families looking for homes for rent in this urban hub will be delighted by the number of cultural, educational and recreational activities this city has to offer. Residents will love exploring the Kenosha Public Museum, which offers free admission to those interested in perusing the numerous exhibits devoted to the arts and sciences. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy spending their summer evenings watching the Kenosha Kingfish play baseball.
Facts for Renters
- Until the mid-1800s, the area that is now home to Kenosha was fairly unsettled. Beginning in 1835, people began to flock to the region from New York and New England, and the settlers succeeded in making the city a successful agriculture-based community.
- Throughout the 20th century, Kenosha became a hotspot for the automobile industry. Today, most of the city's prominent professions are in white-collar sectors.
- Kenosha has a very strong school system. In total, the community is home to 41 public schools, including elementary, middle and high schools, as well as a few charter schools.
- The city also has multiple colleges, including the University of Wisconsin- Parkside, Carthage College and Gateway Technical College.
Resources for Renters
- People interested in making Kenosha their new home should check out the city's informative website.
- Renters looking to enroll their children in Kenosha's public school system will want to read about the city's education department.
- Kenosha's library is a central force in the city's growth and culture. Learn more about this institution on its website.
- If you'd like to learn more about the attractions in the area, click over to Kenosha's Convention and Visitors Bureau site.