347 Houses for Rent in Madison, Wisconsin
Number of Bedrooms
Madison House Options
Find Houses for Rent in Madison, WI
Madison, located in Dane County, is the capital of Wisconsin. Other major cities located nearby include Monroe and Beloit. Families looking to explore homes for rent in a vibrant and exciting city will love all that Madison has to offer. The community is home to the University of Wisconsin, which contributes to many of the artistic, cultural and recreational activities offered in the area. Those that enjoy spending time outdoors will love exploring the Olbrich Botanical Gardens or the University's Arboretum. The city is also home to a number of performance venues, museums and world-class dining options.
Facts for Renters
- Madison was settled in the 1820s, when James Duane Doty purchased land where the city is today. He pushed for the region to become the state capital and later named it after James Madison, the nation's fourth president.
- Madison was incorporated as a city in 1856. During the Civil War, the community was a center for the state's Union Army soldiers.
- Today, Madison's downtown area is a vibrant and bustling center of commerce. In addition to numerous shops and restaurants, there are many art galleries and cafes to be explored and appreciated.
- As a college community, the people of Madison rally around the University of Wisconsin's athletic program, which has strong hockey, basketball and football teams.
Resources for Renters
- Those considering making the move to Madison should explore the city's website.
- Art enthusiasts will enjoy clicking over to the Chazen Museum of Art's site to learn more about events and opportunities at this organization.
- People interested in what downtown Madison has to offer should look at the city's Shop & Dine page.
- Families with children will want to explore the website for the Madison Metropolitan School District.