Discover Houses for Rent in Prince George, VA
Prince George is a census-designated place and the county seat of Prince George County, located just southeast of Petersburg, Va. Like surrounding communities, Prince George has a significant historical past because of its association with the Civil War. It also offers economic opportunities and plentiful homes for rent for families.
4 Facts About Prince George Renters Should Know
- Prince George County, which was officially established in 1703, is located about 30 miles south of Richmond, the capital of Virginia.
- The community is best known for its connection to the Civil War, as native resident Edmund Ruffin is said to have fired the first shot of the war on April 12, 1861.
- Prince George is home to a historic district created by the Department of the Interior and the Department of Historic Resources in 2003. The district contains the 1883 courthouse, 10 buildings and three objects.
- Prince George was a popular site for Czech and Slovak immigrants during the late 1800s. As many as 800 families moved to Prince George during that time, choosing a rural Virginia community instead of more common destinations in the Midwest.
Key Resources for Prince George Renters
- The Prince George Health Department offers immunization clinics and other services. Its website offers helpful information for families in the community.
- The Prince George County Public Schools district includes elementary, middle and high schools as well as technical centers. Find out more about the district by visiting its website.
- General community information renters will find helpful can also be found at the Prince George County official website.
Things to Do in Prince George
- Prince George holds a farmers' market where renters can find locally and regionally grown foods and produce.
- Prince George's official website offers information on youth events in the community for families renting homes in the area.
- Learn more about Prince George's historical past by visiting the Regional Heritage Center.