Find Houses for Rent in Petersburg, VA
The city of Petersburg, Va., is filled with rich history due to the area's part in the Civil War. Families looking for homes for rent in Petersburg can enjoy the historic sites as well as its abundance of economic opportunities.
Fun Facts About Petersburg for Renters
- Petersburg is part of Virginia's Gateway Region, which offers unparalleled access to major markets and is a prime business location for companies operating on the East Coast or even on a global scale. The region has a large workforce, access to a variety of universities and colleges and is located within 500 miles of 40 percent of the U.S. population.
- The city is also important to American history, as both Revolutionary and Civil War battles were fought in Petersburg.
- Petersburg is home to a National Battlefield. The Siege of Petersburg took place in the city. It was the longest Civil War military event, lasting 9 1/2 months until April 1865.
Key Resources for Petersburg Renters
Things to Do in Petersburg
- The City of Petersburg's Department of Tourism operates three museums and two visitors' centers. Art, architecture and Civil War artifacts at these facilities offer a glimpse at the community's rich historical past.
Petersburg Area Regional Tourism's website offers an abundance of information for both renters and visitors on community events.
- Petersburg is home to the Dogwood Trace Golf Course.