Discover Houses for Rent in Altadena, CA
Altadena is a small area in California found north of Pasadena and Los Angeles, situated directly alongside the Angeles National Forest. Families searching for homes for rent will be attracted by the pleasant contrast of urban life and the solace and relaxation that can be elicited from a beautiful natural environment. Potential residents will have access to a bevy of amenities. These include Altadena Golf Course, where renters eager to improve their golf game can do so while relaxing and enjoying the leisurely atmosphere. Families with young children may also be interested in visiting "The Bunny Museum," a quirky building that has both collectibles and live rabbits. An interesting aspect of Altadena is the various interests able to be satisfied there. The Eaton Canyon Nature Center is an excellent example, allowing residents of Altadena to celebrate their love of the environment.
Interesting Facts About Altadena
- Altadena has been home to an eclectic mix of people throughout its history. Homesteaders and Native Americans are merely two examples of people who lived in Altadena during its early history.
- In the community's founding period, many streets were named after Spanish saints. This reflects the Spanish involvement in the area, and also the Roman Catholic character of the settlement.
Resources for Renters
- Altadena is under the broad swathe of towns and cities that Los Angeles County encompasses. Renters should visit the county's website to learn more about local politics and businesses, among other things.
- Parents can learn about education in the area by visiting Pasadena Independent School District's website.
- The city's chamber of commerce has an explicit mission to serve the business and civic interests of Altadena residents. Residents can find information about membership by visiting this site and discover the various committees the chamber has.