Discover Houses for Rent in Bakersfield, CA
Families searching for homes for rent will find a vibrant community in Bakersfield. The city is close to Shafter and Arvin, two urban locations that give a Bakersfield renter a bevy of options when searching for amenities and a career path. Residents who are eager to travel can hop on a plane at Bakersfield Municipal Airport, which will allow them to quickly travel to other California locations. Renters can also enjoy fine cultural institutions while living in the city. These include Rabobank Arena, Theater and Convention Center and the Buena Vista Museum of Natural History, which are both within close distance of each other.
Historical Facts About Bakersfield
- The area of contemporary Bakersfield was originally settled in 1858. Unlike many locations in California, Bakersfield wasn't founded for the purposes of capitalizing on the Gold Rush. Instead, it was inhabited by families looking for an area to construct their homes.
- Bakersfield derives its name from Col. Thomas Baker, an early inhabitant of the area.
- The Bakersfield Centennial Garden and Convention Center is built on an area that was part of a field that belonged to Col. Baker in the city's early history.
Handy Resources for Renters
- The city's official website will be helpful to potential renters for numerous reasons. For example, it provides maps and up-to-date news related to the city.
- Bakersfield City School District's website has information on schools in the city. The district's motto, "Children Come First," is an attractive message for many parents.
- The city is found within Kern County. Kern County's personnel website allows a user to learn about businesses, departments, emergency information, services and various other features.
- The Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce's website provides renters with information on events, the chamber's mission, information on becoming a member and a number of other pages.